Lemonot is a design and research platform, founded by Sabrina Morreale and Lorenzo Perri. Fluctuating among London, Bangkok, La Paz and Italy - they investigate architectural production and its implications on other disciplines.
Sabrina received her Diploma from the Architectural Association in 2016. She has taught in London and Cambridge, while collaborating with various magazines ( Rivista Studio, Cartha, Elle ) as an illustrator and with RIBA as a curator. Her projects have always been related to the idea of fragmentation, using different media, enhancing the process of how things are made and assembled together. She constantly works with model making - experimenting through casting, weaving and various fabrication techniques.
Lorenzo graduated with Honours from the Architectural Association in 2016. He has taught as a consultant for Intermediate 7 and Diploma 8 at the Architectural Association, while participating to several competitions with international firms ( Amid.Cero9, Elemental ). He is the co-founder of the research-based Plakat Platform and architectural practice Ecòl. Obsessed with geometry and aesthetics, precision and expression, before architecture he studied engineering and classical piano.
Through Lemonot, they nurture an enthusiastic post-baroque approach to the world that surrounds us, looking for updated synthetis between abstract and figurative instances. Compulsive collectors and hungry observers of human mirabilia - they use Architecture as a methodology to reach different outcomes: from toys to pastry tools, from tattoos to story-telling.
Programme Heads of the AA Visiting School El Alto, their academic activity focuses on contemporary folklore and cultural assemblages.
They have been teaching at the AA Summer School since 2016, exploring gifs, filming and kitbashing techniques, They are now Adjunct Professors at INDA, International Program in Design and Architecture in Bangkok.
- YTAA, “Brewing Democracy - the assembly of Le Balai Citoyen in Ougadaugou”, September 2016
- Designboom, “Sabrina Morreale’s pinball machine contains an architectural landscape”, September 2016
- Apsaidal, “Brewing Democracy - the assembly of Le Balai Citoyen in Ougadaugou”, October 2016
- AA Conversations, “C.R.A.P.: Clashing Rubbish, Assembling Props”, July 2017
- AA Conversations, “Cultural Assembling” with Mauricio Jumpa, March 2018
- Mold magazine, “Edible Archetypes: reimagining famous architectural domes in cake form”, March 2018
- AA Conversations, “Antropotypes: the Self & the Palimpsest”, July 2018
- xRivista, “Danisinni on stage: l’impasto di Cocò e la processione di Piero”, October 2018
- Koozarch, “Long Story Short: Tabula Plena”, November 2018
- Cartha Magazine, “When R. Venturi met a Bolivian alchemist”, December 2018
Amid.cero9, animalidomestici, Architectural Association, Cartha Magazine, Cho Why Gallery, Delphine Blast, Ecòl, H Gallery, INDA, Julio Lopez Barron, Koozarch, Lorenzo Vitturi, Locument, Maghnild Kennedy, Marie Rime, Mario Sarabia, Mdu Architetti, Mold Magazine, Office S&M, OfficeShophouse, Ommx, Osso Magazine, RivistaStudio, RIBA, Ronald Grebe Crespo, The Decorators, WTF Gallery, xRivista